MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To provide work flow in the credit control processes by ensuring efficient and effective debt collections and follow ups; being proactive in the management of the billing processes, through a rigorous risk management and oversight capacity and provide accurate and timely reports as and when required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that billing instructions are clear and strictly adhered to, including working with bookings to ensure that pay on fitment instructions are followed.
- Involve the sales team in risk management and collection of overdue payments, providing them with appropriate information.
- Handle client complaints on billing.
- Carry out credit worthiness checks on new clients.
- Develop and maintain strong working relations with the sales and operations departments
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned to you by your Supervisor from time to time.
Minimum B.Com degree in Finance or
Accounting Option and Certified Public Accountant CPA (K) ACCA with CIA and CISA certifications
At least two years in Credit Management in a medium sized organization
Key skills and qualities
- Good Interpersonal & Communication skills
- Good organizing & Time Management skills
- High levels of Integrity & Team Player
- Courage, creativity and analytical
- Good Judgment and planning
- Full understanding of the business goals and operations
- Basic English